Friday, April 3, 2009

Ranger was just adopted out yesterday and does not know where he is and is very scared. If anyone is in the area of E. Windsor Ave, Alexandria, please help find him. He's a shy dog and he's totally spooked in his surroundings.

He's lost in Potomac Yards/Del Ray.

Please help!

***

Hi, my name is Ranger. Although I was named 'best looking guy at the high kill shelter" , that is luckily in my past. I've spent the last weeks in a foster home in the DC area and my foster mom has written a little story to describe exactly how great a dog I am. Please read my story and if you think that I'm a good match for you, then please consider adopting me.

Ranger is a medium sized, 3-4 yr. (aprox. 45 lb) affectionate, lovable golden retriever, perhaps hound mix. He has a laid-back, submissive demeanor, rarely barks, and is crate-trained. He is medium to low energy. He LOVES to be outside, rolling in the grass and watching squirrels! (His dream home would have a doggie door!) A fenced-in yard is a must. He has been good with 4th grade girls and my 13 yr. old son, but is wary of men initially. With time and food treats, he becomes more comfortable. He absolutely loves belly rubs, cuddles, and to be groomed, and is playful and loving once he trusts you. (He loves to pounce after any size ball!)

He has been fantastic with my male shepherd, but has asserted himself with the next door neighbor's dog and w/other dogs on walks. Ranger enjoys playing and bonding with my dog and would do well with another dog for companionship, if he were left alone a long time.

He has just learned to sit and give a paw, and loves to show you he can do it for treats! He learned his name quickly. He's very responsive to kind, consistent, positive training. He has improved with learning not to jump up. He's exceptionally good at night--never has made a sound in his crate. He has not had any accidents in the house these 12 days, but I can't guarantee he is housebroken, as I take him out frequently. I don't know how he'd be with a cat. All in all he is a joy to be around, and needs a special person and/or family to give him the love he so deserves.

Thanks mom, I appreciate the nice remarks regarding me. Now, that you know a little about me, please adopt me. I'm waiting for you!

Breed Estimate: golden retriever/lab mix
Gender: male
Approximate weight: 45 pounds
Approximate age:3 years
Location: DC metro area foster home

No comments:

Post a Comment